Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Nary a drop to drink.

The Halton region has relaxed the mandatory water ban from June 28th a little allowing homeowners to do a wee sprinkling here and there. I wonder if anyone has actually been charged for watering on their off days or off hours.

I do know that when I go on an early morning walk there are many automatic sprinklers running including big honking ones on the soccer fields in the park. I wonder of the city can get fined if they water during the wrong time of day?

I am a bit of a water conscious freak and installed a rain barrel (and for you west nile worriers you need not worry - there is a fine mesh screen on it) from Home Depot this past spring and have used it to keep my tomatoes and 2 corn plants (there were more but someone has chewed them down) watered. It is amazing how little rain you need to fill the barrel. I have a model that you can join together in sequence although I am not sure I am that keen on having a row of rain barrels in the yard.

Our lawn, on the other hand, has turned in to tough brown turf. Kinda dusty and not much fun to play boules on.

No comments: