Thursday, August 2, 2007

Whew!

It is hot, dry and brown in southern Ontario. Sure are a lot of dusty lawns and parks out there. Are we officially in a drought?

UPDATE: Apparently we have had (if I am reading this correctly, as the wording seems a little, well wordy) 60% less rain fall from May to July.

Our cities' poor trees are wilting under the waterless onslaught - in fact I have seen some maples (shown in a bad cell phone shot to the left) in the parking lot of the Catholic School board facility at the corner of Drury Lane and Fairview turning red and brown and start to drop their leaves. I pass these trees each day on my morning and nightly bike commute home from the GO station. Every time I pass by I wince. Maybe the city could spare some water from the soccer fields?

No comments: